Saturday, June 25, 2022

Unknown Status

I've forgone outings this week since my covid status is uncertain.  I took a saliva test Tuesday that came back "inconclusive". Wed night I experienced my first potential symptoms vomiting/digestive issues. I took a home test Thursday - that was negative.  I'm going back for another saliva test tomorrow.  I feel fine now.

 I've had a lot of time at home and some of that has been playing Uno etc with my friend's children.  It's been hard limiting my social support/outings during this sad time, however my friend's kids have been beacons of happiness.

 Today we left the house and walked to the beach, which thankfully was both windy and not busy.  I was able to swim laps without getting close to anybody.  My friend's eldest swam or walked along with me and talked to me some.  This was very helpful to distract me and keep me moving.  I was surprised he hung out with me so long, but I guess I was preferable to his little brother's swarm of friends that arrived soon after us.

Earlier in the AM when we didn't know what to do, I pulled out one of their art books and the youngest and I sat together and followed the instructions to draw a horse, and then later this owl.

I didn't know that I could draw either.  Sometimes boredom/limitation can lead to beauty.

I unfortunately decided not to take Michael's youngest to the horse show this weekend with my uncertain covid status but since I learned I could draw a horse, I made her a card which I will send with the hope we can reschedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment