Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Children

 It's been a raw day.  I think it is the first day I can actually say I am looking forward to living alone.  I want to retreat into a turtle shell.  It did help when my friend asked how my morning went and I came to her hug in the kitchen in tears.

And just now, her youngest asked, "When are you leaving?"

"Actually you are leaving first," I said.  (They have a vacation planned.) "Do you mean when am I moving out?"

He nodded. 

"Well, I'll do most of the moving while you are gone and it just depends, when you get back I might just stay a night or so."

"Then I can come and visit you," he said.

"Yes, we already have that planned." 

He smiled.

I finally got to play a little tennis today with his older brother, which is something I've meant to do since I moved in here.

My stoic niece let me hold her in the garage for a while, for once obviously affected by the turmoil around her, and letting herself be comforted.

My nephew volunteered to put sunscreen on himself and join the fun immediately today.  You have to know what a fit he puts on about sunscreen to understand the depth of that gratitude.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment