Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Do You Think You Protect Us? Emily Haavik cont

#1 -  I just started listening to the song I posted yesterday while I write this.  This is not a good idea if I want to calm down. 

 Last night, this morning, now, I can't stop listening.  Something in me that didn't know was parched is feeling the first drops of rain.

Emily Haavik and the 35's Ease Back is a good one too.

#2 - How long does it take?  I've been wondering this even though I know there is no answer. 

I remember when the assault on the capitol happened nearly a year after my dad died, how much I wanted to talk to him about it.  I knew he'd be watching it on the news.  I knew he would have some choice words. I missed him and his perspective.

It's been almost three years now and I don't think that anymore. I didn't wonder what he he'd think when Russia invaded Ukraine.

But today I drove to a house that I didn't realize was so close to where he lived and where I grew up

and I started to cry.

#3 - Doors close, Doors open, Doors close again.  What is good - the open door?  The closed door?  The darkness?  The light?

I've watched this in my life many times this year. Today another door appeared to close or did it open?  I'm not sure yet. I actually kind of hope it closed.  Unless...

I just keep walking.  Like the women in the video I posted yesterday.

#4 - For example, when I moved in I wanted to go to the board meeting and was disappointed they still do it on Zoom audio (post covid).  I thought it would be a good way to meet some people that live here and puts names to faces. Instead I listened to the board meeting online and worked on my painting.

This is the 3rd month I've done that, a little painting, a little cleaning.  The meetings are actually not something I'd want to sit thru, but it is a great motivating background for me to just get tasks done.

#5 - I got an email today from the outdoor club I belong to and in the photos I saw that someone I love just went on a cross-country ski weekend.  I'm jealous because they went to the UP of Michigan which is somewhere I have really wanted to go,

and I'm glad that he went and is doing something that he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment