Thursday, January 26, 2023

New Blinds

The blinds in the bedroom in my place let too much of the parking lot lights in.  I started out sleeping in the smaller bedroom and picked up some curtains at the thrift store that took care of that.  Once I painted the primary bedroom and moved in there, I've been hanging a blanket over the window each night.  Last weekend I finally went to the local home hardware store and looked at their blinds.  We looked at what they keep in stock and they only had light filtering blinds that would work on my window, so he said I'd have to custom order.  He said the custom blinds were on sale.

I wasn't ready to buy that day but I looked it up and they are on sale until next week.  I know what I want - white black out blinds that go top down and bottom up.  However I have no idea what brand I want and I just got overwhelmed looking online.

Someone just helped me at the store and reaffirmed I have absolutely ZERO desire to ever design my own home.  I just found one blind overwhelming.  Do I want corded or uncorded?  If I get uncorded (more expensive) can I even reach the top of the window to lower them?  (I didn't think about that or take that measurement and since it was cheaper I stuck with corded.)  I can't imagine the things I wouldn't think about for an entire home.

And it was still a LOT more money than my thrift store curtains, so I'm glad I'm just covering 1 window.

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up because it is "custom" so can't be returned. Anyway, I'm always skeptical for "sales" being a reason to buy something, but in this case I've meant to do so for a while so the timing seems fortunate.

And I was thinking about the furnishings of my two rooms.

Spare Room 

Bed - free off Craiglist

Mattress - old from my dad's

Desk - thrift store

Small Table for Plant - found by the trash

Shelves/Cabinet - former partner didn't want

Curtains - thrift store 

Lamp - thrift store

Main Room

Bed - brand new

Mattress - brand new

Dresser - quality dresser that my grandparents had

Blinds - soon to be brand new

Nightstand  - thrift store

I think it's a good mix.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I have learned, that anger, is allowed within an attachment, back from my earliest years, then I in Self can be in relationship with my angry part.  If I learned, yeah, umph um, threat threat, danger danger...but there was no differentiation between angry behavior and angry feelings, so I had to keep the feeling away because it is what led to the behavior in my mind and I never learned skills, so get out with the anger. Well now when I'm angry..."


The Most Radical Way to Heal: Internal Family Systems with Dr. Becky KennedyWe Can Do Hard Things with Glennon Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment