Monday, January 2, 2023

Soaking My Yoga Mat

 

 

#1 - I consulted a friend with color talents about the 1 room I haven't painted here yet. (It's the second bedroom where I also have my computer etc.)  I wasn't planning to paint it, but I've enjoyed the results so much with the other rooms I'm tempted.  I asked her opinion and picked up the color chips today.  However, they aren't that different than what is here so I wasn't excited about them.  

Then I thought, maybe the room I'm not sure about (kitchen/dining room) because I like the color I used, I just don't think it's quite right with the black cabinets and grey, brown, backsplash.  Maybe I could use that "Cornflower" color in this guest room/where I work, and do something else with the kitchen because I don't want to give up that color.  I started getting excited about this and called my friend and she agreed it would work. 



 #2 - I'm soaking my yoga mat in the bathtub right now.  I washed my mat at a commercial laundromat once.  I've had that mat over 10 years and it grosses me out to think about how much I'm sure it needs cleaning.

 

#3 - My friend and I have been playing in a Monday night pickleball league.  It has been really fun.  We don't have a game tonight because of the holiday so I can attend another friend's Monday night online singing group.


 

#4 - Life often feels like one step forward, two steps back.  Sometimes it is one step back and two steps forward.  Sometimes you don't know which direction you are stepping.  Other times your head doesn't know but your body can feel the peace.

I had a conversation like that today in my personal life

and I just got a work phone call from someone really upset.  The call should not have been directed to me, but I helped him as best as I could, directed him to the correct phone number, and he was calmer when we finished talking than when we started.

#5 - My aunt recommended Oliver Twist over Thanksgiving.  I've really enjoyed some books published in a previous era like Pride and Prejudice, but it can be really hard for me to get started on reading them, it takes some effort.

 I requested Oliver Twist from the library, but when my aunt asked me a week ago if I'd read it I said, "No." 

Between her reminder and the holiday weekend, I did start it and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, so much so that I look forward each day to times when I can read it more.  The beginning was so dark, and least there are some pleasant people in the story now and it feels more hopeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment