#1- It's been really hot and I just needed a quiet/inside evening today so I ended up looking up Nate Bargatze (comedian) and listening to him on Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend. Around minute 35 he says, "I really try to remind myself that it's not about me. I'm living a life of service."
#2 - I went to the arboretum yesterday, the last time I recall being there was over a decade ago when I saw 1 of my 2 favorite theater performances (both by the same company) - Nature - a walking outdoor play about Thoreau and Emerson.
I could vaguely remember the theater company's name. It took some false starts and I found it. They had a new production in May that I just missed. I'm glad they are still in business.
#3 - I've also been watching the osprey camera on occasion today from the arboretum. The birds spent quite a bit of time preening and being. Now they've nestled down for the night.
#4 - I also thought about bringing my niece and nephew to the arboretum. The friend who brought me thought my niece had reached the age of paid admission but that my nephew would be free. I looked today though and my niece would actually still be free too if we could get there this summer.
#5 - Plentiful, in season produce. I'm enjoying quick lunches with hummus, baked tofu, and lots of seasonal vegetables this week, even a few cherry tomatoes from my patio.. Tasty, easy and delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment