Friday, February 16, 2018

Respirar

I haven't been listening to much music lately, but conveniently yesterday I found a new favorite song,



because the next prompt in my poetry book was to write a few lines of a favorite song and then continue writing beyond that.

Cada uno en su universo
siente su dolor
como algo inmenso

Tristeza y sufriendo
me da silencio que no comprendo

It's only two lines (of my own), but I wrote them in Spanish.

Bebe's Pafuera Teleranas (over 10 years old) is a favorite album that my brother exposed me to.  I didn't enjoy the next album  as much so I lost track of her, but this new one (to me), I can't get enough of.  I looked up the words and saw there are chords online.  So I printed them out.  It hurt because I haven't been playing and I don't have callouses on my fingers.  But I saw there were the chords for her old songs that I really like too, so I printed those out too and can't wait to play them!  I just need to get off the computer and get a couple things done.  It's been a while since I've felt that way.

Not only that, but to continue the Spanish theme, I only have 5 pages left to read in "Rascal mi tremendo mapache" a children's chapter book I picked up used somewhere because it is a Newbery Award winner, and in Spanish and I have aspirations to practice my Spanish.  It's been in my closet for multiple years, but once I finally got into it I've really enjoyed it.

And for the 4th day in the row I spent some time on https://www.duolingo.com/.  A website a friend recommended to me earlier this week.  The stories are really fun and I was on the bus this morning and I saw someone else using it on her phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment