Monday, March 12, 2018

You Can't Rush Your Healing

#1 - During lunch I had a question for a friend about a march at the capitol in a couple weeks in response to gun violence.  She is coming from out of town and instead of emailing her to coordinate, I just made a quick call and ended up talking for a half hour or so.  It was a welcome addition to my lunch break.

#2 - The most animated I became during our conversation was when I told her about the escape/puzzle room I did with friends for my birthday.  It was almost two months ago, but I could still hear the excitement in my voice.  She was surprised I enjoyed it and seemed interested herself.  I told her, "There's a good chance I'll organize it again next year, you are welcome to come if you'd like."

#3 - Speaking of which, I'm trying to arrange one in the near future for a 13 year old I care about.  Today my sister-in-law said they'd contribute which would make it possible for her to bring an additional friend.

#4 - I listened to a new Esther Perel podcast episode, I'm continually in awe of her compassion and empathy.  She is a shining example of strong spine and open heart.
S2 Ep. 1: You Need Help to Help Her

https://www.estherperel.com/podcast

#5 - I was having a hard time digging for #5 today.  So I decided to break and grabbed the guitar to play Wish Man by Trevor Hall, a new song I really enjoy the strum pattern for.  I played along with Youtube and along the side I saw the song I most connected with when I saw him in concert recently.  "You Can't Rush Your Healing".  I looked up the tab for that and it says it is for novice but I'd need to practice that a while.  I still really appreciate the chorus

 "You can't rush your healing
Darkness has it's teachings
Love is never leaving
You can't rush your healing
You're healing"

No comments:

Post a Comment