Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Wrinkle in Time



My niece wanted to go to the top of the fire tower (we were at an environmental education center for the weekend).  The other kids wanted to go snowshoeing.  We ran out of time to do both.  I explained this to my niece and she agreed to snowshoe.  She didn’t actually know what snowshoeing was though and after walking for a few minutes she yelled back good naturedly, “What is fun about this?!”  

As we walked, we just happened to end up within sight of the fire tower and the group headed there walked right by.  So we joined them.  It worked out way better than if we had tried to plan it, and it’s such a good reminder to me that sometimes letting go allows things to happen, even ones that don’t seem possible.  (Kind of like a tesseract*.)

On the way back down from the fire tower the instructor said there was a snowshoe trail around back we could take to the building. 

 “Is it longer or shorter?” I asked.

“Shorter.”   

Great!  It was a fun and steep descent. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier in the morning I led an informal yoga class for other people on the weekend trip.  One woman came up afterwards and said, “You have such a nice voice for this, so soothing.”  No one has ever told me this before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the drive home I continued reading out loud, a Wrinkle in Time.  We got within 20 pages of finishing the book.  The movie comes out on Friday, if it lives up to its preview, I highly recommend it. 

 ====================================================

*The tesseract is a Wrinkle in Time reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment