Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wealthy Indeed



#1 - Coming home to a phone message that a good friend of mine's family member died and having the time and space to curl up on the couch and give her my complete attention and presence.  This makes me feel wealthy indeed.

#2 - When I said the time right before death is a "sacred space" and she said, "I knew you'd understand."

#3 - Having a monthly open writing group that is the following afternoon to suggest to her as a way to really sit with and process what she is going thru right now.  I don't know if she'll come, but it felt like something valuable to offer.

#4 - Watching an 11 and 14 year old have to be wrangled in by their father at the park on a cool rainy day after we'd just had dinner under a picnic shelter.

#5 - Climbing into bed after my partner and curling up beside him for a bit before sleep.  (More than 90% of the time I'm in bed first).  When I pulled away he said, "Thanks for connecting."

No comments:

Post a Comment