Wednesday, October 20, 2021

March March

 #1 - My brother sent me the link to Gaslighting by The Chicks yesterday and I was enthralled with that song and Sleep at Night. I also listened to March March - which was obviously so relevant when it came out, but I totally missed this album last year, but still resonates now. 

The quote that begins the video I saw today 

 "If your voice held no power they wouldn't try to silence you" unknown 

  

 #2 - It's hard to remember now as it is turning cool and rainy (which we need), but I started this AM biking to free outdoor yoga which continues, because we've had such a warm fall.  The sky and trees were beautiful and the lake felt peaceful with all the boats stored away for the winter.

#3 - Today I noticed resentment building in me so I went to Michael to talk it.  I am willing to be the "adult" for his daughter this weekend while both he and his ex are out of town, but the fact that not a single, "thank you," had of yet been uttered was starting to get on my nerves. I realized I was expecting that in the least and annoyed when asked about additional things to take her to this weekend.  So I spoke to Michael about it and he was receptive and apologized.

#4 -It was during this that I realized a bigger issue. It reminded me that we need many more positive comments to balance out negative ones.  And that it is hard to be receptive to negative comments or constructive feedback when we are not receiving positive ones to balance this out.  I just found a Harvard Business Review article that says ideally you have 6 positive to 1 constructive criticism and John Gottman - marriage researcher who says similar 5 to 1!

#5 - Usually Michael's daughters split emptying the dishwasher - one does the top rack and the other the bottom.  The eldest is gone this week, so the youngest asked, "Should I do both?"

"Yes, that would be great."


No comments:

Post a Comment