Saturday, December 30, 2017

Love

#1 - Easing back into being home - I was in Omaha, Nebraska for Christmas.  Then I had a couple nights at a cabin in a state park in Iowa on the way back to relax and be quiet, then a couple nights in Minneapolis. Today I returned home.  I got up fairly early so we could take an 8:30AM yoga class before I got dropped off.  This was awesome because when I got home I was already motivated and so I jumped into unpacking, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen floor and doing a load of laundry.

#2 - I also put away my groceries which I bought last evening.  It felt so nice to come home after being gone a week and already have them, though it is tricky to do a grocery list away from home.  There are two items for recipes I picked out that I thought I had - yogurt and Parmesan chees.  So I'll need to make another quick grocery stop.

#3 - This morning was my last yoga class of 2017, so I decided to focus on my word of the year one last time - LIGHT.  I kept coming back to it during class after my mind would wander.  The image that came to mind was of a lighthouse turning around in my abdomen, illuminating every direction.  I hadn't thought about it until now, but I guess this is a beacon in the darkness.  Something shining in dangerous locations, but also a symbol of safety/protection.

#4 - I had absolutely no idea what my word of the year for 2018 would be, I thought about asking for direction in the yoga class, but instead I wanted to really concentrate on my 2017 word one last time.  I did think though, that when I cleaned the yoga studio later that day I could carry around the deck of "angel cards" at the studio with the intention of pulling one that could guide me in the direction of a new word.  Pretty soon after I had that idea, a potential new word came to me.

#5 - I planned to look it up in the dictionary when I got home, and take in its meaning more fully and see how it felt, but I was too task oriented.  So when I came back to the yoga studio later I still held the cards in my pocket while I cleaned to be further directed.  It's such a relief when you know something.  I had zero idea what I wanted for a word except I wanted something benign, which made me think of a finding a tumor, it may turn out benign but it would still be really stressful.  I thought maybe some sort of innocent noun.  Is it possible to find a word that doesn't have hidden, unintended meanings?

 I chose "light" because it can mean playful, but not just playful, much more.  It was an appropriate word of the year for many of the meanings of light, but not the playful one.

The angel card that I pulled today has nothing, seemingly, to do with the word that came to mind to me this morning, but it does help guide me in the right direction.

The angel card that I pulled today was Love.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very positive, both simple and incredibly many-layered word with thousands of meanings and possibilities.
    I wish you a 2018 full of love.

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete