Sunday, November 4, 2018

Deserving a Smile

Early this afternoon my partner and I were a both a little irritable (or maybe in my case tired).  He went upstairs to work on something and I did some meal prep in the kitchen.  After a few hours doing our own thing I went upstairs and hugged him and smiled and he responded, "What did I do to deserve that smile?"

"You don't have to do anything," I said.

Sometimes we just need a little space.  I've spoken to him about my concern about having my own space when we live together, because I've always been a person that really needs alone time.  Today he felt the same.  "Does it help you to know that I need my own space sometimes too?" he asked.

"Yep!" I said.

During my time in the kitchen I got a soup made for dinner Tuesday for the 4 of us. His girls tasted it the last time I made it, so it has been pre-approved.  I also did half of the prep for a Hungarian Nut Loaf recipe, which will be a new one to try, so tomorrow's dinner is more than half done.

**********
I was happy to receive an email from my cousin looking into flights to go abroad (I assume through school but I'm not certain).  This has been a dream of hers for a long time and I'm thrilled to hear she's pursuing it.

****

I'll end with a link to a very helpful blog post for people (in MN) to vote on Tuesday

https://www.calbone.com/voting-in-mn/


No comments:

Post a Comment