Thursday, December 23, 2021

Grateful Decisions

 # 1 - I had a hard time falling asleep last night - going in and out of bed a few times.  After a couple hours I grabbed a book and went into the living room and read.  I had the string of holiday lights on and it was peaceful.  The only real problem was my thoughts, "I should be asleep," or "I am going to be tired tomorrow."  

The only problem was really my mind.

#2 - The book I was reading is The Best American Travel Writing 2018 edited by Cheryl Strayed.  I am enjoying the variety.  Last night's story took place in Canada, Prince Edward Island and was focused on foxes and the author's (then unknown) brain tumor.

#3 - I signed up yesterday to do an early morning yoga with the local studio on Zoom, so I still got up early and did something that felt good, once again enhanced by the string of holiday lights.

#4 - Seeing multiple neighbors clearing off the small pond across the street - for skating I assume?

#5 - Michael and I planned another Xmas holiday without extended family.  Last year the 4 of us went to a camper cabin at a state park because of Co-Vid.  This year some members of our extended family chose not to vaccinate, so we decided during the summer to just be the 2 of us (the girls will be with their mom), with the current Co-Vid situation I'm grateful for that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment