Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Low Lights

Well I took advantage of the weird weather, and record high, and took a jog today -  and my knee is still holding up well.  It was foggy and warm and now the lightning has begun for this strange winter (but not winter-like) weather.

I felt a little light-headed late afternoon so after dinner I laid on the couch and Michael cleaned up the kitchen. He had also left the dining room light off while we ate which I appreciated.  I put up a string of holiday lights in the dining room, but usually he wants more light to eat.

Oh and this morning he came into the dining room and said, "I was about to pick a fight about the kitchen sink..." but then he had decided not to. The kitchen, especially in the morning, can be a room of stress/contention so it was nice to hear him recognize his annoyance at something, and then decide not to feed it.

We sat on the couch for a little bit after dinner, with just the string of holiday lights on in the dining room and the eerie quiet outside. I love low lighting in the evening - how it quiets everything - including the mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment