Friday, December 17, 2010

Love Letter to Yourself

#1456 - My sister in law making Okonomiyaki - I'll add that she put squash in this time, not a typical ingredient.

#1457 - Finding a new/interesting Winter Solstice Event that I would like to try.

#1458 - The advent calendar assignment I pulled today - "Write a Love Letter to Yourself." It made me smile and I am curious to try tonight.

#1459 - In a very early meeting in the housekeeping department of a retreat center, where I was to spend a season, I stated, "At the end of the season I don't want to think, 'I'm never cleaning a bathroom again in my life.'"

"You want to be present," my manager replied, "I like that." I had no idea what she was talking about. I had never heard someone speak about "being present."

Fast forward some years later, today while cleaning the shower, I recalled this interaction and realized my growth in understanding. Not only do I appreciate presence when I see/feel it in others, if I would list the one quality I most desire in a partner... it would no longer be athletic, spiritual, caring etc...it would simply be someone who is present.

#1460 - The music link on Mraz's website that I'm listening to as I type this. "Qawwali Flamenco is a meeting between the Pakistani Sufi tradition of Qawwali and Spanish Flamenco"

1 comment:

  1. Being present - that's a lovely desire :)
    I didn't know the line was "the soul felt it's worth" either. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete