Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Locks of Love


#921 - Artistic Photos of this Dress - I take nature photos, but I would never spend time on shots like this if it weren't for this blog, and I had fun!

#922 - Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - picked this up in the Spanish Teen Fiction Section. Instantly engaging.

#923 - One of the items on my "challenge card" for yoga is to donate shoe treats. (Sometimes they put a piece of chocolate or something in our shoe while we are in class.) I made a different kind of shoe treat. I wrote out 15 different poems (from Rumi etc.) so that instead of taking home chocolate, People can Take Home a Poem.

#924 - My friend Laura always has long long hair (since at least 7th grade - I've seen photos). Today, she told me she got a radically different hair-cut. She Felt the Inspiration and Followed Through. She also donated her 10+ inches of hair to locks of love. (I just went to their website for the first time and read, "it is estimated 80% of all donations come from children who wish to help other children." That is beautiful.)

#925 - This Dress Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. It's so silly it makes me laugh. Where/when will I wear it? I don't know, but the Thrift Store allows me to take risks. I am walking around my house, feeling like I could fall in a big hole and the dress would work as a parachute and my life would be a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment