Friday, February 25, 2011

Possibility Arising

#1806 - Typically I get my haircut no more than twice a year. I like to correspond the timing to some sort of shift/change I feel in my life.

The past 2 1/2 years I've been growing out something (not just my hair, something bigger.) Today finally, I decided things had shifted and it was time for a cut (even if not a dramatic one). However, I ended up at the hair-cutting school 1/2 hour late and they were full...so it didn't happen. I came home and then was disappointed because there were a couple people I was hoping to hear from, and like the hair-cut -- nothing. So I started playing the guitar and trying to figure out what I was going to be grateful for today. Maybe the feeling/hope that I would get one of those phone calls and correspondingly that it was time for the shift/hair-cut. Even though none of them happened, can I be grateful for the possibilities arising?

#1807 - So the gratitudes feel more like work today. Hmmm. How about the fact that I started making dinner last night, so it was quicker when I got home today - Chilean Squash. I cooked the squash and cut the onions and garlic last night.

#1808 - How about - when I pulled the, "stop requested" on the bus this AM, nothing happened. So I walked up the bus, sat in the very front and told the driver it wasn't working (we were past my stop). He said to try it again, I turned to look beside me and the guy I had hurriedly squeezed next to did it for me. It didn't work, but he was quite attractive.

#1809 - As a result of this I had to wait about 20 minutes in between buses. I was alone in a three sided bus stop shelter so I started singing my new guitar song and the bit of echo entertained me.

#1810 - Lebanon, Peru, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, Guatemala, Philippines, and Tajikistan.

Sometimes when I get the emails from KIVA that I have money paid back to re-lend, it just seems like something else to do. However, in the 3 1/2 years since I have been on KIVA I have participated in small loans in all of the countries I listed above, and today COLUMBIA. Pretty wide impact for very little money (minimum loan is $25).

No comments:

Post a Comment