Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BWCA - EPA


#531 - Luckily I never cease to be amazed at the Synchronisiticies in life. No matter how many times they happen... Last week, my brother was trying to convince Mayu to go to the Boundary Waters with him. I've only gone on a canoe/camping trip there once, during college, but I pulled out my photos to tell/show her a little bit about it.

Today, I get a card in the mail from my sophomore roommate who went on that canoe trip with me. In this card was a photo of Lisa and I in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Liz wrote, "I found this photo while going through a bunch of files last night. We took this trip 14 years ago!" So a week after I am talking about our Trip she sends me a Photo from it, which is the first time she has done this in the 14 Years since we went...Plus as I write this my brother and Mayu are in the Boundary Waters.

#532 - The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has determined that greenhouse gases endanger human health. (I wonder how much that study cost?) Now the agency must regulate pollutants under the Clean Air Act. Alaska Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski does not want these pollutants regulated. She introduced S. J. Res. 26 to stop the EPA. She needed 51 votes and got 47.

#533 - Because I took the time to look this up and write about it I also Called My Senators
to Thank them for Voting in Support of the EPA. (It is really so easy to do, I don't know why I don't do it more often. This is a habit I would like to acquire.)

Senator Al Franken
202-224-5641
Senator Amy Klobuchar
202-224-3244

#534 - Writing a Long Letter to Bonnie - Last weekend while writing a couple birthday cards I didn't have much to say. I thought, "I remember when I used to write really long letters." Then last night I couldn't fall asleep and I started writing one, and today I kept going...

#535 - This gratitude feels more like a public service announcement - getting my Credit Report. One of those things we are "advised" to do once a year (and it's free if you go to the correct website). I don't know that I really feel, grateful here, but I am glad I got around to it so I am putting it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment