Friday, May 14, 2010

Doing Something Right


Superior National Forest (Northern MN)


#371 - Feeling struck by the Wind Blowing through Tall Grasses at a stoplight at the end of a freeway exit ramp

#372 - Realizing I must be Doing Something Right in my life if I am struck by beauty on a freeway exit ramp

#373 - Forgetting Socks - I've been meaning to try rollerblading. Well, I have a couple times, but that was over 10 years ago and I wasn't any good. My sister-in-law has roller blades in my size, and I brought them to a park this evening. I had a helmet, wrist, elbow, knee pads, the roller blades...but when I got there I realized I didn't have socks (I was wearing sandals). I was actually a little relieved. I played the ukulele instead.

#374 - A Man Finding Amusement With My Ukulele. (It was the first time I'd played in a park, and I picked a spot where no one else was around. This man and woman walked by with their dogs and he smiled at the ukulele.)

#375 - Another man came by after a run and started doing sit-ups behind me. I had stopped playing the ukulele long ago at this point and was reading. After a while I got up to leave. As I walked by the man said, "I was hoping to hear something." It is interesting because I had been impressed, that he was doing ab work outside, but hadn't thought more about him than that. I said I was just a beginner, but played him a little.

1 comment: