Friday, March 5, 2010

Bebe

#21 - Electronic savvy of my Dad and Brother - I wonder what my life would look like without them. Would I have any electronics? Most electronics I've owned were either gifted or passed on from them. They also help me figure things out - like today a virus warning which I'm not sure how to proceed with.


#22 - Letter from my cousin - I feel honored that when my 11yr old cousin was assigned to write a letter for her language arts class, she chose me to be the recipient. This reminds me of when she sent me "Flat Stanley" a few years back. Flat Stanley is a boy (in a children's book) who got squished flat as a pancake when a bulletin board fell on him, otherwise he is fine, and his flatness allows him to go in the mail on adventures. Ashley sent him to me as another school assignment. I was supposed to take him with me and write about what we did. At the time I worked in an office, so Flat Stanley sat in my cube all day and actually made friends with some small sized characters who lived in a co-workers cube. Flat Stanley also came with me to Yoga class. I put him (a bit self consciously I admit) at the head of my mat leaned against the mirror. Before class a woman leaned over and whispered to me, "Is that Flat Stanley?" :).

#23 - Having someone else in the house who cooks (healthy too :)



#24 - Bebe - Ha! I "published" this 10 minutes ago and had "quiet" listed as my #24, but then my brother put in the new Bebe CD, and I'll use quiet another day! I'll add my brother to this because he has introduced me to some good music over the years - Ani DiFranco, Jason Mraz, Shakira (who I have mixed feelings about), and Bebe. Bebe is by far my favorite musician in the Spanish language. The music is catchy and diverse whether or not you know Spanish, but if you do know Spanish, the lyrics are full of substance as well.



#25 - Nothing - Similar to how sleep allows us to function awake, I think doing nothing/letting the mind wander aimlessly allows us to pay attention. This reminds me of a quote from Christine Northrup M.D. "Illness is the only acceptable form of meditation in Western society." When I was looking up that quote to verify the source I found something else I scarcely hear, but myself feel. "Instead of stopping to take a break to rest or recharge in our daily lives, illness becomes the acceptable form of mediation and rest. Illness gives people a reason to take a break from the busy grind of daily living, and also gives our body permission to rest. Is getting a cold or the flu a bad thing? Perhaps not! Maybe our body needs the rest and it is better to rest with a cold or flu than with a more serious form of illness." Rachela Bounincontri http://alturl.com/3cxz

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!
    I agree with you. Bebe is one of the best songwriters of our country!

    Nice and funny blog.

    VerĂ³nica

    ReplyDelete