Thursday, March 11, 2010

Saved by the Shower

#51- Hot Water - feeling a little short on my gratitude list tonight, I was saved when I took a shower and remembered how wealthy and luxurious I am to have hot water.




#52 - Oprah's phone pledge -“I pledge to make my car a No Phone Zone. Beginning right now, I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by not texting or using my phone while I am driving. I will ask other drivers I know to do the same. I pledge to make a difference.”

#53 - My follow-through - even though I am ready for bed and didn't have more than 1 or two gratitudes in mind. There was no doubt in my mind that I would sit down, write this, and find some.

#54 - William Kamkwamba - The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind - using a half of a bicycle, items that had been discarded, books from a library, and lots of ingenuity, he made a windmill that produced power and transformed the lives of his whole community.

#55 - Memorized quotes that nourish my mind and heart - Kamkwamba's story reminded me of this one

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. hah! so robby williams stole that quote from ghandi. and there I was thinking him original :)

    I've learned to agree on the no-phone thing this week too :)

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete