Sunday, March 21, 2010

Soccer



#101 - My Sunday Soccer Team - Last Fall, I told my friend Jill that I was tired of new soccer teams. I had just played my first game with another bunch of strangers. Playing with new people is like going on a date, it might be fun, but you also have to figure each other out and it takes energy/work. After 9 games, we get a feel for how we play together and can flow. Then, the session ends, we disperse, and I start all over with a new team. I was looking for a long-term soccer team. However, most of the teams I played with - though perfectly enjoyable - were not teams I wanted to stay with long term.

Well, that new bunch of strangers I complained about, and I, have just signed up for our third session of soccer. Not only are we staying together, I really enjoy playing with all of them.


#102 - Lightheartedness of my Sunday team - nobody gets angry. Yeah!

#103 - Soccer
- Speaking of which, soccer in general. I lost my enthusiasm for jogging a few years back, so thankfully I started playing soccer again. In soccer I don't have to motivate myself I just move! And I am completely present, not thinking about anything else but the game, and the ball.

#104 - Being Drawn to a Park after Soccer



#105 - Ground Dry Enough to Lay on

1 comment:

  1. interesting. . . looks like you needed to express some concern and the situation turned around:)

    ReplyDelete