Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Easy Gratitudes



#6 - This SKY



#7 - The Onion - I am so appreciative of anyone who can make me laugh.



#8 My favorite billboard in downtown Minneapolis and whoever the wonderful people are who fund it.



#9 This Scene



#10 - This Camera - When I was traveling in Costa Rica five years ago I reluctantly brought my camera. I didn't really want it, but I thought I might regret not having pictures later. About half-way through my trip my camera broke. I was actually kind of happy about it. After that, for the most part, I stopped taking photos... Maybe because of the seed planted by Wendell Berry's poem The Vacation. I would re-print the poem here but that might be some copyright violation. It deeply affected me.

This Christmas my brother gave me a digital camera (the one that broke was 35mm). I made a brief attempt to become familiar with it, but I quickly lost motivation. Today though, I thoroughly enjoyed scouting and recording things I was grateful for. Pictures were fun again and brought me deeper into my life instead of separating me from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment