Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beautiful Life

#61 - Not Knowing

Do you have the patience to wait

until your mud settles and the water becomes clear?

Can you remain unmoving

til the right action arises by itself?

Tao Te Ching
Stephen Mitchell translation





#62 - Being Present to Enjoy my Uncle Russell on the Phone - (he is developmentally disabled and a complete delight to talk with when I can slow down and just be).

#63 - Bonding with my Dad - at our Senate District Convention today (we always seem to agree on politics.)




#64 - Conversation with Connie Marty - The Martys' (Marty is a state Senator running for governor) had a thank you party for volunteers at their house tonight. I was listening to John Marty talk to someone and just thinking to myself what a beautiful man he is because he is so clearly doing what he loves. I then thought how blessed his partner was to be married to such a man. Soon after Connie sat beside me, she too looked open and real and beautiful. I remarked to her that I am sure there are challenges, but they have a beautiful life. She then told me a bit of the story of how John ended up in politics and I so clearly saw the symbolism (synchronisities) in their story. I'm sure Connie has told this story many times, but after listening to my response she reflected, "I've never thought of it that way before."

#65 - Hearing Easy Silence by the Dixie Chicks on the radio, Looking up the Chords when I got Home, and Playing it.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing girl...thanks for this blog.
    Finally something worth reading on the internet!

    ReplyDelete