Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stand


#226 - Standing - This little guy's current favorite activity is standing (holding your hand). It requires no money, can be done anywhere, and will not produce trash.

#227 - Good Things by the BoDeans (the Live version)

#228 - I sent a letter with a request on tuesday to someone I don't know that well. She should have received it either yesterday or today. This evening I walked into a building to check out a poetry reading and the woman I sent the letter to was there! (I was hesitant about sending the letter in the first place, and I took this as a sign that I did the right thing.)

#229 - Her Gratitude - one of the young women who read poetry tonight was also fundraising to attend a gathering about spoken word and human rights. When I gave her money, her gratitude was so genuine, her whole face lit up. "This is what giving is supposed to feel like," I thought. It felt so good I truly wanted to give her more.

#230 - I started feeling a little guilty. She might not have realized I only gave her $4 (that was all the cash I had with me). I usually have more cash, "Why did I only have $4?" But then I thought, "If everyone in that audience gave her $4, she'd probably have $400."

"No one can do everything, but everyone can do something, and if everyone does something than everything gets done."

Source forgotten


No comments:

Post a Comment