Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Still Going

#156 - Being a Part of a Friend's Life - As I went to help my friend Peter move today, I thought about all the changes his life has gone through in the 10 years we've been friends. Like me, he has lived many places and done many different things. I think I've visited nearly all of them. It simply feels good to be a part of his journey.

#157 - Peter's Similar Values - They bought an old home (I like old homes) in a cool neighborhood near a park and the light rail, things that make sense to me.



#158 - Shifting Envy - After moving them in, I tried playing Kaydee's guitar - one chord. I felt the reverberation of the sound fill my chest. I started thinking, "My little ukulele does not compare to this", but then I thought, "No. The more I play the ukulele, the easier it will be to play guitar. So I'll enjoy it and then if I want to play a guitar one day, that can come too."

#159 - A Toilet - not the most pleasant thing to list, but I had some gastrointestinal issues today, and I seriously thanked God that a toilet was available.

#160 - This Group on the Light Rail I Couldn't Figure Out - There were four of them, sitting in 3 seats, so kind of on top of each other, obviously comfortable with each other. I couldn't figure them out. They looked like they might all be siblings, but they looked too happy, which I realized was a strange thought. Anyway, I couldn't figure out how they were connected or their various ages, but they were a group of four people in three seats, and they were happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment